• Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Tech (2015)
• B.S., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University (2007)
• Yonsei University (Assistant Professor), Seoul, South Korea (2017-Current)
• Intel (Senior Engineer), Santa Clara, CA (2016)
• Qualcomm (Graduate Intern), San Diego, CA (2015)
• IBM T.J. Watson Research Center (Graduate Intern), Yorktown Heights, NY (2014)
• AMD Research (Graduate Intern), Bellevue, WA (2013)
• Sandia National Labs (Graduate Intern), Albuquerque, NM (2010-2012)
• Computer systems and architecture
• Heterogeneous computing
• Memory systems
• Processing near data
• Neural network accelerators
• Modeling and simulation techniques
• Performance characterization
• Power and energy efficiency
• 3-D die stacking
• Teaching Excellence Award, College of Engineering, Yonsei University (Apr. 2018)
• Distinguished Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence, Yonsei University (Feb. 2018)
• W. Song, C. Cher, A. Buyuktosunoglu, and P. Bose, "Measurement driven methodology for evaluating processor heterogeneity options for power performance efficiency", IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), pp. 284-289, Aug. 2016.
• W. Song, S. Mukhopadhyay, and S. Yalamanchili, "Amdahl's Law for lifetime reliability scaling in heterogeneous multicore processors", IEEE Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), pp. 594-605, Mar. 2016.
• W. Song, S. Mukhopadhyay, and S. Yalamanchili, "KitFox: multi physics libraries for integrated power, thermal, and reliability simulations of multicore microarchitecture", IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology (TCPMT), vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 1590-1601, Oct. 2015.
• W. Song, S. Mukhopadhyay, and S. Yalamanchili, "Managing performance reliability tradeoffs in multicore processors", IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS), pp. 3C.1.1-7, Apr. 2015.
• W. Song, S. Mukhopadhyay, and S. Yalamanchili, "Architectural reliability: lifetime reliability characterization and management of manycore processors", IEEE Computer Architecture Letters (CAL), vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 103-106, Jul. 2014.
• J. Lim, N. Lakshminarayana, H. Kim, W. Song, S. Yalamanchili, and W. Sung, "Power modeling of GPU architecture using McPAT", ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES), vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 26:1-24, Jun. 2014.
• J. Wang, J. Beu, R. Behda, T. Conte, Z. Dong, C. Kersey, M. Rasquinha, G. Riley, W. Song, H. Xiao, P. Xu, and S. Yalamanchili, "Manifold: a parallel simulation framework for multicore systems", IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS), pp. 106-115, Mar. 2014.